Terms and Conditions
Dated: 1 July 2023
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Please read this important notice before proceeding.
This website, www.platinumworldportfolios.ie, is operated by Platinum World Portfolios PLC, an investment company with variable capital incorporated with limited liability in Ireland with registered number 546481 and established as an umbrella fund with segregated liability between its sub-funds pursuant to the European Communities (Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities) Regulations 2011, as amended (the "UCITS Regulations")("the Company", "we" or "us").
By proceeding to access, view or download information from this website, you acknowledge that you have read, and agree to be bound by, the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
- Distribution of the information contained on this website in certain jurisdictions may be restricted by law. The information contained on this website is intended only for persons and entities in those jurisdictions where access to such information and use thereof is not contrary to local laws or regulations. Accordingly, all persons who access this website are required to inform themselves and to comply with such restrictions. In addition, this website and its contents have not been prepared for and are not intended for access by US persons as defined in the Securities Act of 1933.
- By accessing this website, you confirm that you are a resident of:
- (a) Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain or Sweden (collectively, the "Approved EU Jurisdictions") and a Professional Client within the meaning of Article 4.1(10) of the Markets in Financial Services Directive 2014/65/EU (MiFID II);
- (b) the United Kingdom and a Professional Client as defined by the UK Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") and note that the information contained in this website is not to be relied upon by other persons, such as Retail Clients, as defined under the FCA's Rules (definitions can be found on the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk);
- (c) Switzerland and a Qualified Investor within the meaning of Article 10 para. 3 and 3ter of the Swiss Collective Investment Schemes Act (CISA); or
- (d) Singapore and (i) an Institutional Investor pursuant to Section 304 of the Securities and Futures Act of Singapore ("SFA"), (ii) a Relevant Person pursuant to Section 305(1) of the SFA, or any person pursuant to Section 305(2) and in accordance with the conditions specified in Section 305 of the SFA, or otherwise (iii) pursuant to and in accordance with the conditions of any other applicable provision of the SFA.
- This is a marketing communication. Accessing this website does not constitute the entering into of a contractually binding document. Prior to making any investment in the Company, please refer to the Company's Prospectus and to the relevant Key Investor Information Documents and/or PRIIPs Key Information Document (as appropriate) and do not base any final investment decision on this communication alone.
- An investment in the Company and its sub-funds involves investment risks, including possible loss of the entire amount invested. There can be no assurance that the sub-funds will achieve their investment objective. The capital return and income of a sub-fund are based on the capital appreciation and income on its investments less expenses incurred. Therefore, a sub-fund's return may be expected to fluctuate in response to changes in such capital appreciation or income. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value of the investment. Subject to the conditions and within the limits from time to time laid down by the Central Bank of Ireland ("CBI"), and except where otherwise stated in the investment objective and policies of a sub-fund, each sub-fund may engage in transactions in financial derivative instruments (FDI, as referred to in the UCITS Regulations), whether for efficient portfolio management purposes (i.e., hedging, reducing risks or costs, or increasing capital or income returns) or investment purposes.
- For persons resident in the United Kingdom or an Approved EU Jurisdiction ("UK or EU Persons"): You are about to enter a website which contains information aimed at Professional Clients (as defined by the FCA and MiFID II, respectively). This website does not constitute an offer or invitation to subscribe for shares in the Company and no UK or EU Person other than a Professional Client resident in the United Kingdom or an Approved EU Jurisdiction should access, act on or rely on this website.
- Platinum UK Asset Management Limited of 20 North Audley Street, London W1K 6LX ("PAM UK") has been appointed as the sub-distributor of the Company in the United Kingdom. PAM UK is an appointed representative of Mirabella Advisers LLP which is authorised and regulated by the FCA - number 606792. The content of this website has been approved by Mirabella Advisers LLP with respect to dissemination in the UK only.
- In the Approved EU Jurisdictions only, the contents of this website are disseminated by Carne Global Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited (a UCITS Management Company (within the meaning of Article 4.1(28) of MiFID II), regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland - number C46640).
- In Switzerland, the representative of the Company is ACOLIN Fund Services AG, Leutschenbachstrasse 50, 8050 Zürich, Switzerland; and the paying agent is Helvetische Bank AG, Seefeldstrasse 215, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland. The basic documents of the Company as well as the annual and, if applicable, semi-annual report may be obtained free of charge from the representative. Past performance is no indication of current or future performance. The performance data do not take account of the commissions and costs incurred on the issue and redemption of shares. Please be aware that this website may include funds or sub-funds for which neither a representative nor a paying agent in Switzerland have been appointed. The Company and its sub-funds have not been registered with the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) as a foreign collective investment scheme pursuant to Article 120 of CISA.
- In Singapore, it is to be noted that this website does not pertain to a collective investment scheme which is authorised under section 286 of the SFA or recognised under section 287 of the SFA. The Company and its sub-funds are not authorised or recognised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the shares of the Company are not permitted to be offered to the retail public. This website and the information contained on it does not constitute a prospectus as defined in the SFA. Accordingly, statutory liability under the SFA in relation to the content of this website does not apply.
- When using this website, you are responsible for complying with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations, including those related to data privacy and intellectual property. It may be illegal to access or download the information contained on this website in certain jurisdictions and we disclaim all responsibility if you access or download any information from this website in breach of any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which you reside or from which you are accessing this website.
- The investment funds, strategies and financial products and services described in this website may not be available in all jurisdictions and may not be available to some or all investors in a certain jurisdiction. Nothing contained on this website constitutes or is intended to constitute an offer or a solicitation to subscribe for, redeem or convert shares in the Company or any of its sub-funds in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is not authorised or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation. Investments into any fund or sub-fund referred to on this website or any other Platinum product or strategy can only be made through and in accordance with information contained in the relevant offering and subscription documents.
- The content on this website is provided for general information only. Nothing contained on this website is intended to constitute investment, legal, tax, accounting or other advice. We strongly suggest that investors consult financial and other professional advisers prior to taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this website and that you carefully consider your particular investment needs, objectives and financial circumstances. This website does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any person and should not be used as the basis for making investment, financial or other decisions. The information is selective and may not be complete or accurate for your particular purposes and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest in any particular investment strategy, security, fund, sub-fund or product, whether or not offered by the Company.
- The information provided on this website is given in good faith and is believed to be accurate at the time of compilation. The Company may, without notice, amend or remove any information on or from this website at any time. Neither the Company nor any of its directors, officers or agents (including, without limitation, the Company's investment manager, administrator or custodian) make any representation or warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness of the information. To the extent permissible by law, the Company and its directors, officer and agents (including, without limitation, the Company's investment manager, administrator or custodian) disclaim all liability (whether arising in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) for any error, omission, loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise). To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- Opinions expressed on this website reflects our views only at the time at which such opinions are expressed and may depend on assumptions or projections that may not prove to be correct or are subject to change.
- This website may provide information, articles and material, or links to such, that are written or prepared by people who are not associated with the Company. This material is only provided for your interest and convenience. The Company is not responsible for the content or accuracy of this material and any opinion expressed in the material should not be taken as an endorsement, recommendation or opinion of the Company.
- Performance figures quoted on this website are past performance. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance. Neither the Company nor any of its directors, officers or agents (including, without limitation, the Company's investment manager, administrator or custodian) or any associate guarantee or make any representation as to the performance of any of the sub-funds offered by the Company, the maintenance or repayment of capital, the price at which shares in the Company or any of its sub-funds may trade or any particular rate of return.
- MSCI Inc. Disclaimer - All data where MSCI is referenced is the property of MSCI Inc. No use, further distribution or dissemination of this data is permitted without the express written consent of MSCI Inc. This data is provided "as is" without any warranties by MSCI Inc. MSCI Inc assumes no liability for or in connection with this data. You acknowledge that neither MSCI Inc. nor any other party involved in or related to compiling, computing or creating any of the MSCI index data referred to on this website makes any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to such data (or the results to be obtained by the use thereof), and all such parties hereby expressly disclaim all warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to any of such data. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall MSCI Inc., any of its affiliates or any third party involved in or related to compiling, computing or creating the data have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or any other damages (including lost profits) even if notified of the possibility of such damages.
- The Company may from time to time amend the terms and conditions of accessing this website by posting an amended version of this notice on this website. You agree to continue to be bound by any amended terms and conditions and that the Company has no obligation to notify you of such amendments other than by posting an amended version of these terms and conditions on this website.
- The Company owns the copyright in the content contained in this website (other than materials that have been included with the permission of others who own the applicable copyright). You may print a copy of any page for personal or non-commercial purposes provided that you do not remove any copyright notices or any trademarks or logos of the Company or persons or entities associated with it. Except for a purpose or a use permitted by statute, or the prior written consent of the Company, you must not copy, modify, sell, distribute, adapt, publish, frame, reproduce or otherwise use any of the material on this website or trademarks or logos of the Company or persons or entities associated with it.
- These terms and conditions of use are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and you agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.